- intermediate/advanced/guru level practical skills in MySQL/MariaDB schema/query design, server tuning (decent DBA skills/experience), replication (MMM, Galera);
- intermediate/advanced/guru level skills in system and network administration;
- expertise in common dev and deployment infrastructure (mainly RHEL/Debian based Linux);
- shell and Perl scripting;
- configuration and management of
- Apache, nginx;
- PHP, Java, Ruby and other scripting language environments;
- live in Australia or New Zealand, with permission to work;
- self-motivated, ability to work independently (from anywhere - good Internet access required);
- excellent written/verbal English.
- comfortable public speaker;
- freedom to travel without restriction.
Range of tasks
- remote (and on-site) consulting on MySQL/MariaDB and related technologies;
- systems and infrastructure architecture;
- supporting development processes;
- development of internal and external supporting tools, documentation;
- blog posts.
- development of training materials, tutorials, how-tos, short articles;
- assisting Open Source projects and public forums with expertise;
- speaking and helping out at user groups and conferences;
- teaching highly interactive Open Query course days for MySQL/MariaDB and related technologies.
Sounds good! What next?
Please see the information and instructions on our main jobs page.